- learning community building songs, including the YES Song, Self Control and Welcome to Music
- reading and very accurately playing rhythms using quarter and eighth notes and quarter note rests
- reviewing fancy music words for musical opposites - forte/piano, presto/largo, legato/staccato, high low
- performing Patriotic music with our voices and other classroom instruments
- reviewing music opposites, note values and rhythm reading/playing
- exploring music styles
- beginning recorder!
- reviewing Patriotic songs
- reviewing reading music on the staff (specifically B and A, as those are the first recorder notes we learned)
Look for song booklets coming home soon! We're off to a strong musical start!